Location & Access
Located in Kamala on the west coast of Phuket, close to Patong Beach and Surin Beach. Phuket International Airport is approximately 40 minutes drive from Keemala.
Keemala is nestled well away from the crowds and overlooking Kamala Village and the Andaman Sea. Positioned in the hills and within the lush woodlands, Keemala offers a retreat from everyday life and welcomes you in to an enchanting evergreen wonderland. Shaded by an enchanted canopy of rainforest and connected together by a network of jungle walkways, the villas are complete with a private pool and are designed for guests wishing to experience a rustic, yet lavish, escape.
The designs of the villas have been inspired by the stories, cultures, traditions, and lifestyles of four groups of fictitious ancient Phuket settlers. Their characteristics are reflected in all elements of the villas and cottages including the architecture, furnishings, decorative pieces and even textiles.
Keemala’s 38 pool villas are available as one-bedroom, two-bedroom, single storey as well as duplex styles.
- 16 one and two bedroom Clay Pool Cottages reflect the earthiness of the Pa-Ta-Pea (Earth) Clan who believed in a connection with the earth and were farmers, fishermen, and miners.
- 7 Tent Pool Villas inspired by the nomadic lives of the Khon-Jorn (Wanderer) Clan and is a full canvas structure.
- 7 Tree Pool Houses seemingly suspended from trees offer 2 floors of living space with one master bedroom, inspired by the We-Ha (Sky) Clan who were healers, inventors and architects.
- 8 Bird’s Nest Pool Villas inspired by the Rung Nok (Nest) Clan made up of philosophers, poets, musicians and artists who reveled in an opulent lifestyle and craved exclusivity.
Keemala believes in wholesome cooking and organically grows some herbs and vegetables in their garden. The menus avoid artificial flavour enhances and change often depending on produce availability. The gastronomy offers everything from fresh juices, crispy salads and healthy Spa Cuisine to fine dining, world cuisine, Thai cooking, Indian cuisine and a fantastic wine list.
Mala Restaurant is the main dining area and serves all day dining; Mala Bar is an air-conditioned intimate space to enjoy a coffee or sundowner. Cha-La Pool Bar is a great place for light refreshments and lunch by the pool, the lounge area in the pods are perfect for afternoon tea and there is a wine cellar that is ideal for intimate dinners.
- Mala Restaurant
- Mala Bar
- Cha-La Pool Bar
- Wine Cellar
- In Villa Dining
- Destination Dining (private dining in signature locations such as the rooftop, wine lounge, poolside)
Yes - a range of gourmet healthy living dishes to complete a guest's spa and wellness journey is offered. The Spa Cuisine menu features organic salads, nibbles, light desserts and fresh juices and is available in all dining outlets.
- 4 Private couples treatment rooms with steam/sauna, shower and bathtub
- 3 Private couples treatment rooms for Thai massage with steam/sauna and shower
- 1 Private couples treatment room equipped with Vichy shower, steam/sauna and shower
- Guest reception area
- Fitness centre offering a full range of exercise equipment, free weights, TRX, Thai boxing and personal training
- A Studio that can be used for yoga, meditation and other exercise classes or group sessions
- Massage Therapies – Traditional Thai massage, Traditional hot compress, Synergy massage, Sowathara massage, Harmonising massage, Deep Tissue massage, VOYA Seaweed Hot Stone massage, VOYA Organic Heated Herbal massage.
- Specialised Holistic Therapies – Raindrop Healing, Integrative Thai Bodywork, Wellness Consultation, Reiki, Soul Connection, Holistic Slimming massage.
- Facial Treatments – VOYA Organic Anti-Ageing Facial, Siam Botanicals Deep Cleansing Facial, and more.
- Body Scrubs & Wraps – VOYA Organic Seaweed Leaf Body Wrap for Detoxifying, VOYA Bladder Wrack Body Buff for Nourishing and more.
- Mala Treats – Tension Relief Back Massage, VOYA Hand or Foot Retreat, Reflexology Foot Massage and more.
- Organic Rituals – Seaweed Leaf Ritual, Siam Botanicals Ritual, Thai Spice Ritual, Women’s Vitality Ritual, Restorative Jetlag Ritual and more.
- Organic Beauty – Slow Beauty Manicure and Pedicure, Hair & Scalp Treatment and more.
VOYA: Product from Ireland, VOYA offers results-driven products based on the highest-quality botanical ingredients and aromatherapy oils. VOYA products combine the therapeutic properties of seaweed with scientific excellence and ingredients that are especially chosen to complement the natural properties of seaweed. Products are made without mineral oils, genetically modified ingredients, synthetic colours, artificial fragrances and preservatives and are suitable for even the most sensitive skin types.
SpaRitual: Spa Ritual formulate body care products with vegan ingredients from around the world, including many specially sourced and selected plant essences that are Certified Organic and Fair Trade. All SpaRitual products are packaged responsibly and are designed to complement an enhanced multisensory experience.
Siam Botanicals: Siam Botanicals simply believes that natural skincare products are best, not only because they DON’T contain artificial chemicals but, even more importantly, because they DO contain botanical ingredients that offer benefits not found in synthetic alternatives. Siam Botanicals are committed to the responsible sourcing of top-quality natural skincare ingredients that deliver results. The ingredients list – use only cold pressed oils and herb, flower and fruit extracts. No synthetic chemicals, no artificial preservatives, and 100% ethical. Despite this, all products have an average shelf life of 18 months.
Facilities & Activities
- Group sessions for Thai Boxing, Tai Chi, Aqua Tai Chi, TBB workout, Fitball workout, Lotus Folding
- Private personal training
- Private yoga
- Private Thai boxing
- Herbal compress making
Activities or excursions in proximity:
- Join Keemala's Heritage Walk tour in Phuket old town
- Kamala beach, Surin beach and Layan beach
- Phang Nga Bay and Koh Panyee floating village
- Phuket old town, Sunday street market and Chinpracha Mansion
- World class golf courses
- Promthep Cape viewpoint
- Patong beach and nightlife
- Chalong Bay Rum Distillery
- Khao Pra Taew National Park & Tonsai Waterfall
- Phuket Elephant Sanctuary in Paklok District (near Khao Pra Taew National Park)