Spa & Wellness Facilities
The Banjaran infuses Malay, Chinese and Indian cultural practices with spa treatments, therapies, healthy cuisine, geothermal hot springs and holistic exercises for an invigorating experience.
- Geothermal hot springs dipping pools
- Thermal steam cave
- Ice bath
- Meditation cave
- Crystal cave
- Garra Rufa Doctor fish pool
- Jungle walk
- Fitness centre
- Freeform swimming pool
- Therapeutic reflexology pool
Location and Access
Strategically located 15 minutes from the city of Ipoh, it is only a two hour drive from Kuala Lumpur and one and half hours drive from Penang. It is situated on a 22.7 acre valley fringing a cluster of towering limestone hills and features an amalgamation of natural caves, pristine jungle, waterfalls and geothermal hot springs.
Kuala Lumpur International airport - 2.5 hours drive.
Sultan Alzan Shah Airport, Ipoh - 15 minutes drive.
Bayan Lepas International Airport, Penang - 1.5 hours drive
The 45 exclusive villas nestled in a secluded cove, where nature plays the perfect host. The sounds of nature surround all the villas; the gentle rustle of leaves in the garden villa, the calming flow or water offers a tranquil atmosphere at the water villa, whilst the harmonious tune of swishing water and stirring plants at the lake villa all leads you closer to total relaxation. Each Villa features a complete range of amenities for your comfort and enjoyment:
20 Lake Villas have an area of 873 sq ft., Bedroom comprising of Hollywood king or twin size bed, Private plunge pool and Geothermal hot tub, Terrace seating over looking the lake
9 Water Villas have an area of 1, 667 sq ft. Bedroom suite comprising of an oversized king bed, Large dressing room and bathroom with outdoor rain shower, Private plunge pool with a courtyard for dining and relaxation, Whirlpool with natural geothermal hot spring water.
16 Garden Villas measure 2,808 sq ft. Bedroom suite comprising of an oversized king bed, Large dressing room and bathroom with outdoor rain shower, Private plunge pool with a courtyard for dining and relaxation, Whirlpool with natural geothermal hot spring water.
Each villa features:
- A master suite comprising a luxurious king-size bed with "feather-bed" topped mattress, feather-down duvet, cotton-rich linens and hypoallergenic pillows.
- An ensuite seating area
- An outdoor terrace with a plunge pool
- Private outdoor rain shower and a sunken Jacuzzi with natural geothermal hotspring water
- Aromatherapy body care amenities
Spa & Wellness Treatments
- Holistic Exercises - Personal training, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Stretching
- Consultations - Wellness, Fitness, TCM, Ayurvedic
- Traditional Chinese Medicine - Acupuncture, Moxibustion by cupping, Gua-sha, Acupressure
- Ayurvedic - Massage, Abhyanga, Udvartana, Shirodhara
- Malay Ramuan Spa Journey - Hawa traditional malay journey for women, Adam traditional malay journey for men
- Well-being - Signature massage, Traditional malay urut, Ultimate aromatherapy experience, Inner strength, Intensive muscle release, Body refiner, Uplift your mood, Ultimate rose pregnancy massage, Chi Nei Tsang massage,and Head,neck and shoulder massage
- Body - Intense nourishment, Detox & Revive, Rose hydrator, Bespoke skin polish
- Cleansing Therapy - Colon hydrotherapy, Antioxidant restoration therapy
- Facial - Aromatherapy Associates, Age repair, Essential rose, Skin solutions men, Deep Cleanse,
- Energy Healing - Reiki
- Bath & Hair - Hydro, Flower, Malay hair cream bath
- Hand, Feet & Eye Care - Spa manicure, Spa pedicure, Foot reflexology, Rose hydrating foot treatment, Nourishing foot, Nourishing hand, Eye repair
Aromatherapy Associates, UK - An award wining brand which uses natural essential oil blends, body care and skincare products.
The retreat's all-day restaurant, Pomelo which acquires its name from the fruit that Ipoh is famous for, features a menu crafted for flavourful, yet healthy and nourishing dining.
Drawing on the freshest organic and locally sourced ingredients, healthy selections of organic fruits, vegetables, fresh seafood and premium poultry are served. The delicious appetisers, main courses and desserts are free of artificial seasoning and flavouring; fresh herbs and spices accentuate their taste.
Pomelo presents cosy indoor dining and al fresco dining within any one of the three gazebos that extend over the hot springs.
Fresh vegetable and fruit juices, as well as international organic wines are available for a perfect accompaniment to the meal.
Set within a limestone cave, the magnificent Jeff's Cellar is one of the most unique wine bars in the world. Savour a wide range of organic and rare wines in a setting where ethereal lighting, intimate cave interiors and breathtaking natural water features present a whole new encounter and indulgence. Jeff's Cellar has made international acclaim by CNN as being one of the 5 Most Magnificent Wine Bars in the world.
Launched in 2019 is the spectacular Sky Bar, set on top of the limestone hills comprising of a cosy upper deck bar with a backdrop of a breathtaking view overlooking the geothermal hotsprings lake and a lower deck offering an exclusive whisky lounge inside a cave. The bar serves refreshing signature cocktails and beverages, along with delicious lite bites.
Facilities & Activities
- Geothermal Hot Springs Dipping Pool - using three million litres of fresh hot water that billows up daily from the ground below, the retreat's natural jacuzzi-style dipping pools provide a leisurely, relaxing soak that also aids stressed muscles and tired joints
- Thermal Steam Cave - with a platform overlooking a body of crystal clear geothermal hot springs water, this cave presents a natural sauna which allows for restorative therapy to soothe, relax and detoxify
- Ice Bath - plunging into the freezing ice bath helps increase circulation throughout the body, reduces blood pressure and strengthens the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system
- Crystal Cave - the amethyst and quartz crystals facilitates metaphysical healing. This cave is the perfect setting for private energy healing treatments like Reiki
- Garra Rufa Doctor Fish Pool - dip your legs and feel the tingling yet relaxing sensation of exotic Garra Rufa fish eliminating dead skin cells and rejuvenating the skin.
- Jungle Walk - a half-hour jungle-trek trail through the deep limestone hill forests of the Lost World of Tambun allows for exploration and appreciation of unique flora and fauna, cascading waterfalls and mysterious caves.
- Fitness Centre - the fitness centre accommodates the latest fitness movements with a full range of quality fitness and training equipment.
- Geothermal Heated Swimming Pool - the warm water is ideal for healing, relaxing and rejuvenating.